Published Friday, 23 May 2014
Former N-Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos. (© Getty)
Writer Savvas Morgan alleges he suffered swelling to his eye after an alleged incident involving the 25-year-old singer at the V-Festival in Chelmsford, Essex, last August.
But the ex-N-Dubz star and former X Factor judge has claimed she did not attack him and has been the victim of a vendetta, saying Mr Morgan had a "strange obsession" with her.
Tulisa denies an assault charge linked to the alleged altercation last August.
The star is on trial at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court with her assistant, Gareth Varey, who is accused of threatening behaviour, which he also denies.
The case had been due to conclude but, following legal argument, District Judge Angus Hamilton adjourned the case so that further witnesses can be called.
One of the outstanding issues surrounds the existence of a "lost" photograph of Mr Morgan's injuries.
There will now be no verdict until at least 2 July when the case will resume.
During the trial, Tulisa said she was disappointed "a playground slanging match" had reached court and was keen for it to be resolved adding: "This is my life on the line."
Other celebrities, including singer and rapper Misha B, Sugababes singer Mutya Buena, singer Alexandra Burke and rapper Wretch 32, all witnessed the incident but have not given evidence.
Tulisa told the court that Mr Morgan had conducted a "vendetta" against her since an incident in which she asked security to remove him from a VIP area at the Whisky Mist nightclub in London's Mayfair.
She also outlined her suspicions that Mr Morgan was involved in the release of a sex tape of her online.
Mr Morgan told the court that the singer raised her fists in the air and was swinging her arms in a backstage area at the festival.
"Everyone was jumping around trying to get at me, there was a lot going on," he said.
Tulisa and Varey, 28, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, are both on unconditional bail.
© UTV News