This Morning's Sticky Date Brownies
Published Wednesday, 08 January 2014
Paul Frangie baked his delicious sticky date brownies that contain no refined sugar and no gluten, but are still sweet and sticky.
Paul Frangie's sticky date brownies. (© Ken McKay)
Sticky Date Brownies
- 3 Cups deseeded dates (about 48)
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 4 tsp Coconut flour
- 5 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 100g Pistachios
- 100ml Date Syrup or maple syrup
- Kitchen processor
- Measuring spoons & cups
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking dish (8 or 9")
- Baking / parchment paper
- Place dates in large bowl and soak in 1 cup of boiling water for 1 hour. Drain remaining water.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a kitchen processor (except pistachios).
- Add half the pistachios and mix with spatula.
- Place baking paper in baking dish, then add brownie batter
- Bake in oven for 20-25mins or until set.
- Remove, drizzle over date syrup, allow to cool, and sprinkle with remaining pistachios.
© UTV News