Published Wednesday, 21 August 2013
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
Asian lamb chops
- 1 French cut rack of Lamb, cut into individual chops, usually 7 or 8 chops
For the marinade:
- 125ml soy sauce
- 125ml olive oil
- 250ml dry white wine
For the five spice:
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan pepper corns (black pepper corns if you can't find them)
- 4-6 whole cloves
- 3-4 pieces star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Dry fry the peppercorns over a moderate heat for about 1 minute until they become aromatic.
- Break up the cinnamon and add with the toasted peppercorns and other spices into a food processor or pestle and mortar to make a fine powder.
- Sift the powder to remove any course pieces. (This makes 8 portions so you can store the mixture in a small jar in a dry, dark place for approximately one month).
- Massage the spices into the lamb chops and add the soy sauce, olive oil, wine and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Bring back to room temperature about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Using a griddle pan, pre heat till almost smoking and sear the chops for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 minutes, then rest for a few minutes for medium.
Sweet potato wedges with honey and sesame seeds
- 1 sweet potato, washed and cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds (black and white)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 190oC.
- Place the sweet potato into a roasting tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, honey, sesame seeds and lemon juice and coat the sweet potato.
- Sprinkle with the salt, and bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the wedges) turning once.
Asian ginger salad
- 1/6 red/purple cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Carrot grated
- I Spring onion sliced
For the Asian ginger dressing:
- 2 inches of peeled fresh ginger
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients with a food processor or hand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add some of the dressing to the cabbage, carrot and onion and mix.
© UTV News