This Morning's Roasted Brill
Published Tuesday, 11 March 2014
Gino D'Acampo surprises yet another unsuspecting victim with his Kitchen Kidnap and on Tuesday he is making his delicious brill roasted with sweet pepper sauce.
This Morning's Gino D'Acampo. (© Ken McKay)
- 4 brill fillets, about 180g each
- 70g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 50g butter, melted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
For the sweet pepper sauce:
- 1 x 290g jar roasted peppers in oil
- 1 x garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 100ml fish or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
- First make the sauce. Place 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar of peppers in a small pan. Heat gently over a low heat and fry the garlic for one minute. Drain the peppers and add them to the pan. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes, then transfer everything to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Return the sauce to the pan and set aside.
- Place the fish in a roasting tray, skin side down. COmbine the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest, melted butter and seasoning. Spoon the mixture on top of the fish and press down lightly to cover.
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the flesh is opaque in the centre when touched with knife.
- Reheat the sauce, spoon it onto the plates and put the fish on top. Sprinkle with the basil leaves and serve.
© UTV News