This Morning's Sweet & Savoury Pancakes
Published Tuesday, 04 March 2014
Lisa Faulkner is in the This Morning kitchen with two recipes for Pancake Tuesday that are both indulgent and delicious.
Lisa Faulkner rustles up some delicious pancakes. (© ITV)
- 100g palin flour
- 300ml milk
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- Break the eggs into the milk, add a pinch of salt and whisk together. Make a well in the centre of the flour and whisk in the milk. If mix is too thick add a little extra milk to consistency you like.
- Get your frying pan really hot and add a little oil. ( I usually wipe the pan with kitchen roll)
- Ladle in a spoonful of batter into the pan. Once the pancahe is golden, flip over and cook the other side
Spicy Spinach filling
- 200g baby spinach (washed)
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 inch ginger, peeled
- 1 large tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ red chilli deseeded
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- handful chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor whizz together the ginger, garlic, tomato,and chilli until you have a paste.
- Pour a tbsp. oil into a large heavy based frying pan and add the chopped onions and a pinch of salt, let these soften over a med heat. They want to be really nice and soft and a little caramelised, then add the spices and seeds and allow these to cook out for a good few minutes.
- Add the paste , and again allow to cook for a further 5 minutes or so.
- Once this has cooked down, stir through the cheese and coriander and the last few minutes add the spinach so that it just wilts but doesn't go to watery mush. Keep the goodness in!
- Spoon onto the crepe and fold into a triangle. Serve immediately!
Berry compote with mascarpone
- 400g frozen berries
- 1 vanilla pod split and seeds scraped
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and set over a low/ medium heat. Cook for about 7 minutes so that the berries are still intact but there is a lovely juice. Add a little extra sugar if you need.
- Serve warm in the pancake with a little spoon of mascarpone.
© UTV News