This Morning's Cream Tea
Published Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Lisa Faulkner continues to give This Morning viewers a taste of the seaside, as she tours around the UK's Cornish coast and in this episode it's the turn of everybody's favourite - the cream tea!
- 375g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 75g cold butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- 175ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Clotted cream to serve
For the jam:
- 200g raspberries
- 200g caster sugar
- To make the jam, preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and clean and sterilise a jam jar.
- Place the raspberries and caster sugar in an ovenproof dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then give the mixture a stir and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool lightly before spooning into the jar.
- To make the scones, preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6 and grease a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together into a mixing bowl and add the sugar and butter and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the milk to make a dough, and knead a little until it becomes smooth. Roll the dough out on a lightly-floured surface to about 1cm thick and cut out about sixteen 5-6cm rounds.
- Put the dough circles on the prepared baking tray and brush with a little milk. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve the scones with the jam and some clotted cream.
© UTV News