This Morning's Cornish Pasty
Published Tuesday, 15 July 2014
Lisa Faulkner travels to the West Country to bring This Morning viewers a selection of favourite holiday foods and in this episode she prepares a delicious Cornish Pasty.
This Morning's Cornish Pasty. (© ITV)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten with 2 tsp milk
- 175g beef skirt, finely diced
- 125g Charlotte potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 90g swede, peeled and finely diced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the filling and season with salt and plenty of black a work surface with flour, roll out the pastry to the thickness of a one pound coin.
- Mix together the filling ingredients and then divide between the pastry discs.
- Bring the edges of the pastry up over the filling and pinch to seal. Crimp the edges then transfer to a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Repeat with the remaining pasties.
- Brush the pasties with egg wash then transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake for 15 minutes then turn the oven down to 150°C 14cm cutter to cut out 8 discs.
- Brush around the edges with the egg wash and bake for a further 25 minutes until golden brown.
© UTV News