This Morning's Bangers and Mash
Published Monday, 24 February 2014
Chef Phil Vickery returns to the This Morning kitchen to demonstrate how to make his hearty bangers and mash.
This Morning's Bangers and Mash. (© ITV)
30 minutes in total
- 1 kg minced pork, mixture of shoulder and belly meat, (20% ft) mince on a 5mm plate
- few dried breadcrumbs
- Mix really well, and then place into a sausage maker.
- Make the sausages.
- 500g raw, peeled potatoes gently cooked until soft and mashed with a masher or ricer
- 75g melted unsalted butter
- 150mls approx warm milk
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 20 pitted black olives chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped chives
- First make the mashed potatoes.
- Place the warm mash into a bowl, add the milk and butter and stir well.
- Finally add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- You may need to add a little more milk to get a smooth, but not runny mash cover and keep warm.
- 3 large onions, very finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 pints good, strong beef stock
- freshly milled pepper
- Heat the oil, then add the onions and cook for 20 minutes to soften, gently with a lid on.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the stock and again cook gently for 20 minutes or until cooked and thickened.
- Season well with salt and pepper, serve.
© UTV News