TM's Vanilla Fudge and Banana Ice Cream
Published Thursday, 17 July 2014
Carrying on our Coastal Cottage series, Lisa Faulkner heads to Westward Ho! in Devon to meet up with two brothers whose secret ice cream recipe has become legendary.
This Morning's delicious ice cream recipes. (© ITV)
Vanilla fudge ice cream
- 1x 397g can condneced milk
- 500g (1lb) granulated suger
- 125ml (4 fl oz) Water
- 50 g(2 oz)Butter
- 1 Vanilla pod,split lengthways or 1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- Line and grease 20cm (8inch) square cake tin. Putthe condensed milk, sugar, water, butter and vanilla seeds from the split podor extract into a heavy- based saucepan and cook over a very low heat foe about10 minutes until the sugar is properly dissolved, stirring all the time.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, turn up the heat andboil for about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mixture should bubblethe whole time but make sure it doesn't burn. After 7 minutes, drop a little ofthe mixture into the cold water- if it forms a soft ball when rolled betweenyour fingers and thumb it is ready. Take off the heat and put the pan on a coldsurface for 3-4 minutes.
- Tip the nuts and cranberries into the mixture andbeat well don't skip this stage, as the beating is very important for theconsistency of the fudge. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to set for about2-4 hours.
Lisa's Cheats Banana Ice Cream
- 4 bananas peeled and frozen, broken into chunks
- 150mls plain Greek Yoghurt
- 80mls Honey
- 30mls Milk
- Place the frozen bananas, half the yoghurt, the milk and thehoney in a food processor and blend.
- When smooth, add the rest of the yoghurt. Blend but don't let it defrost.
- Place in the freezer to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
© UTV News