TM's Roast Chicken & Mushroom Pie
Published Monday, 03 March 2014
Chef Phil Vickery returns to the This Morning kitchen to demonstrate how to make his favourite roast chicken and mushroom pie.
Chicken and Mushroom Pie. (© ITV)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 350g large flat mushrooms
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g cooked chicken thighs, including skin, chopped
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 small carrots, cooked cut into small pieces
- 500mls chicken gravy roughly, very thick
- 1 x 375g ready rolled short pastry sheet
- beaten egg
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Pre heat the grill to highest setting.
- Place the mushrooms on a tray, season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the oil and grill for 15 minutes so the mushrooms take on a firmer texture. Cool then slice.
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas, carrots, mushrooms and mix well.
- Add enough gravy to just bring all the mixture together.
- Spoon into a 270cm x 6.5cm deep oval dish.
- Egg the top of the baking dish, then lay the pastry over, press down well and decorate the edge.
- Egg well, then make 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool for 10 minutes then cut and eat.
- Serve with pickled red cabbage.
© UTV News