TM's Chocolate & Honeycomb Tart
Published Thursday, 13 February 2014
Lisa Faulkner makes her delicious chocolate and honeycomb tart as Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to go that extra mile and make something really special.
This Morning's Chocolate Honeycomb Tart. (© ITV)
Chocolate and honeycomb tart
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 quantity sweet pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 390ml double cream
- 25g liquid glucose
- 365g good-quality dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 85g unsalted butter, diced
- 75g honeycomb, crushed to a powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Remove the pastry dough from the fridge and, leaving it between two pieces of greaseproof paper, roll out a disc to a slightly larger circle than a 20 centimetre tart tin. Use the pastry to line the tin and then bake blind in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans from the pastry and return the tart to the oven for a further five to 10 minutes. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and dry either at room temperature or in the preheated oven for two minutes. Make sure the tart is properly cooled before adding the filling.
- While the tart is cooling, pour the cream and the glucose into a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour the cream on to the chocolate pieces in a bowl and whisk together until the chocolate has completely melted. Whisk in the diced butter and then pour the mixture into the prepared pastry case. Transfer to the fridge to chill for at least two hours, preferably overnight. Serve at room temperature topped with the honeycomb powder.
Variation: You could add a dash of cognac to the chocolate mixture to give it a boozy kick.
© UTV News