TM's Chicken & Halloumi Traybake
Published Monday, 04 August 2014
Former junk food lover turned YouTube cooking sensation Barry Lewis demonstrates one of his favourite family recipes - a chicken & halloumi traybake - in the This Morning kitchen.
- Green, red and yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced into squares.
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- handful of new potatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil 450g chicken thigh fillets
- 220g halloumi cheese, sliced
- handful of black olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 350f /Gas Mark 4
- Mix the vegetables with the most of the olive oil, pepper and half the dried basil into a bowl until all the vegetables are coated
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a tray, then brush with a little oil and sprinkle with the remaining dried basil. Scatter the vegetables around the chicken and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the thighs are cooked through. Check by making a little cut through a couple of thighs to be sure. If the meat is pink, bake a little longer.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- When the chicken is cooked, top with the halloumi and black olives and grill until the cheese is golden and melting.
- Serve the chicken sprinkled with basil leaves and with the vegetables on the side.
© UTV News