TM's Brill with Roast Pepper Crust
Published Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Last week actress Sophie Thompson won Celebrity MasterChef 2014, beating off stiff competition from fellow finalists Jodie Kidd, Wayne Sleep and Charlie Boorman.
Celebrity MasterChef winner Sophie Thompson is in the This Morning kitchen. (© Rex Features)
She is now in the This Morning kitchen to show off her culinary skills as she cooks one of her winning dishes, brill with a red pepper crust and chive sauce.
- Oven pan to grill peppers
- Food processer
- Greaseproof paper
- Small oven tray for black pudding
- Small frying pan for scallops
- Blow torch for fish crust
- Small pan for chorizo
- Small pan for chive sauce
For the red pepper crust:
- 1 large red pepper
- 25g dry white breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- 25g butter
For the chive sauce:
- 50ml white wine
- 50ml wine vinegar
- 50 ml whipping cream
- 100g chilled butter
- 2tbsp chives
For the brill:
- olive oil
- 2 fillets of brill skinned and boned
- 5 spice powder
- chorizo to make chorizo oil for plate
Roast red pepper crust
- Roast and skin red pepper then blend with garlic clove.
- Add breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, seasoning and butter and blend to a paste.
- Roll outbetween greaseproof paper and place in the fridge to firm.
- Put wine and vinegar in a pan and reduce.
- Add the cream and reduce again.
- Slowly add butter whisking to emulsify.
- Season and keep warm.
- Cut some chorizo and sweat in pan to remove golden oil.
- For the fish heat some olive oil in non-stick pan.
- Season the fish and seal on either side.
- Remove and top with crust and place in hot oven to cook through when ready to serve.
- When ready to serve arrange fish on plate, drizzle over sauce with chopped chives added and dot with golden chorizo oil.
© UTV News