Published Thursday, 29 August 2013
Rolf Harris, pictured performing at Glastonbury three years ago. (© Getty)
The alleged offences are all said to relate to two victims, who were aged 14 and 15 at the time.
Harris, 83 and originally from Australia, is due to appear in court on 23 September.
Alison Saunders, chief Crown prosecutor for CPS London, said: "We have carefully considered the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police Service as part of Operation Yewtree in relation to Rolf Harris, who was initially arrested on 29 November 2012 over allegations of sexual offences.
"A file of evidence was passed to the CPS on August 12 2013.
"Having completed our review, we have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Harris to be charged."
Operation Yewtree continues to run in three strands to investigate claims involving DJ Jimmy Savile, those involving Savile and others, and those involving others.
The allegations against Rolf Harris, who has lived in Berkshire for more than 50 years, are being dealt with under the "others" strand and have no link to Jimmy Savile.
Harris has been a popular figure for decades and has received numerous awards - including an MBE, an OBE and a CBE.
He has previously painted a portrait of the Queen and performed at her Diamond Jubilee concert last year.
© UTV News