Pitt warns red carpet prankster

Published Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Comments
Toggle font size
Print

Brad Pitt has spoken out after being accosted by a man with a reputation for red carpet pranks, saying his actions could "spoil it for the fans".

Pitt warns red carpet prankster
Actor Brad Pitt, pictured with partner Angelina Jolie. (© Getty)

Vitalii Sediuk has said he was merely trying to give the star a hug, but in a statement to People magazine Brad accused the former Ukrainian TV reporter of attempting to grab his crotch.

He said he hit Sediuk "a couple of times on the back of his head" during the red carpet event for Disney's Maleficent in Los Angeles last week.

"I don't mind an exhibitionist, but if this guy keeps it up he's going to spoil it for the fans who have waited up all night for an autograph or a selfie, because it will make people more wary to approach a crowd," Brad said.

"And he should know, if he tries to look up a woman's dress again, he's going to get stomped," he added, referring to an incident at the Cannes Film Festival when Sediuk, 25, crawled underneath America Ferrera's dress.

His contact caused Brad to lose balance while he was signing autographs and Sediuk spent two days in jail before pleading no contest to battery and unlawful activity at a sporting or entertainment event.

He was sentenced to three years' probation, a year of psychiatric counselling and ordered to stay away from Brad.

The Ukrainian said he initially was not near the front of the fan area where Brad was signing autographs, but saw paparazzi leave one area and headed for it. He said he stood on a metal railing and reached over to give Brad a hug, toppling on to the carpet area as security grabbed him.

Sediuk said his antics should lead to a re-examination of security procedures at high-profile entertainment events.

Last month he was seen hugging the crotches of actors Bradley Cooper and Leonardo Di Caprio at the Met Ball in New York and also crashed the 2013 Grammy Awards.

"I'm doing this for fun," he said, adding that he avoided a similar stunt at the Maleficent premiere because he said he knew children would be at the event.

Sediuk has been sacked by Ukrainian television station 1+1 and says he intends to spend the next few months focusing on fulfilling his sentence for the Brad incident, which includes community service and a restraining order preventing him from going near Hollywood events.

He said he would like to remain in the entertainment field, working as a director or appearing in a reality show, and would continue work as a journalist - if anyone will hire him.

© UTV News
Comments Comments
0 Comments
No comments. Be the first to comment.
POST A COMMENT:
Name:  
Email address*:    
Location:  
Validation:
House Rules:  
Your Comment:  
[All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. Your name, location and comment will be displayed on this page if your post passes moderation.]

Watch the best on UTV

UTV main logo
The Jonathan Ross Show
22 November - 10:45 pm

The Jonathan Ross Show

Star-studded chat show. Jonathan welcomes Lee...

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
22 November - 9:40 pm

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!

The celebrities have survived a week in the A...

B. H. MARTIN
He was probably the most popular and influential film critic of all time.
MOST POPULAR GALLERIES
Flash flooding
Thu 13 November 2014
I
Wed 12 November 2014
The X Factor Live: Week 4
Sat 01 November 2014