He's got a home made healthy mozzerella pizza, bluberry lemon posset with crème fraiche for dessert and some homemade mango and raspberry fizz to wash it down.
Makes: 2 large or 4 small
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
For the dough:
- 500g '00' flour
- pinch salt
- 10g yeast, dried, roughly 7g sachet and a half
- 325-350mls water, roughly
For the pizza sauce:
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g buffalo mozzarella
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the flour, salt, yeast into a bowl and mix well.
- Add ¾ of the water and mix well, you may need to add a little more water. The dough must be soft but not too sticky.
- Remove from the bowl and knead well for a few minutes.
- Place back in the bowl and leave to rise for 15 minutes in a warm place, covered with cling film.
- Meanwhile pre heat the oven to its hottest temperature. Add the baking pizza stone if you have one.
- Next place the tomatoes and paste into a pan and cook for 10 minutes or so until nicely thickened (I do this as I don't want a soggy pizza) then cool.
- Split the dough into 2 or 4 depending on what size you want.
- Lightly flour the table and roll out the dough to the thickness of a pancake, flouring all the time.
- Spoon over a little tomato sauce, then top with 4 or 5 pieces of Mozzarella.
- Dot over some leaves of basil, a little dried Oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Finally a little salt and pepper and meats if useing.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until you have a crisp edge.
- Remove and eat straight away.
Lemon & Blueberry Posset
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: approximately 1 hour
- 350g low fat crème fraiche
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream
- finely grated zest and juice of 4 large lemons (about 150ml)
- 1tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- 250g fresh blueberries
- Whisk the crème fraiche and cream together until thick and very light; 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whip for a few seconds only as the mixture will thicken very quickly.
- Stir through the blueberries.
- Spoon into small dishes or glasses and then chill for at least an hour.
- To serve, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and lemon juice and sprinkle a little onto the lemon cream.
Mango and Raspberry Fizz
Makes: 4 drinks
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: none.
- 200g raspberries (frozen is best) made into a puree and sieved
- 1 large ripe mango made into puree
- 1 large bottle sparkling water (Badoit)
- juice 2 large limes
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Spoon 2 large tbsp of each puree into tall glasses.
- Add 2 tsp runny honey.
- Add a little lime juice.
- Fill with water, add ice cubes and a straw.