Gino's merluzzo al pesto rosso piccante
Published Tuesday, 06 May 2014
Worried about getting into that summer bikini but still want to enjoy your food? This Morning's Gino D'Acampo returns to the kitchen with a recipe for a healthy merluzzo al pesto rosso piccante - cod with spicy pesto.
Merluzzo al pesto rosso piccante
- 4 fillets of cod (approx 180g each)
- 1 x 400 tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped flat leaves parsley
- 180g sun dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 1 medium hot red chilli (deseeded)
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients, except the cod and the parsley, in a food processor and blitz until you create a smooth creamy texture. Check if need a little salt.
- Spoon the spicy red pesto on the top of each cod fillet. (Skin side down if the cod comes with the skin)
- Place the fillets on a baking tray and cook in the middle of a preheated oven at 190º for 16 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and leave to rest for 1 minute.
- Once ready, serve each fillet of cod on a serving dish and sprinkle over the parsley.
- Accompany with your favourite salad.
Zucchine, limone e fagioli
Courgettes ribbons with cannellini beans and lemon dressing
- 4 Courgettes
- 1x400g tinned cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 un-waxed lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped flat leaves parsley
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the courgettes and slice thinly lengthways using a swivel-blade potato peeler. Cook in a medium size saucepan with boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Grate over the zest of ½ of the lemon and squeeze in the juice of the whole lemon.
- Add in the cannellini beans with the chive and parsley, season with salt and pepper. Pour in the oil and mix well.
- Leave to marinade for 10 minutes before serving.
© UTV News