Gino's Pollo alla Cacciatore
Published Tuesday, 29 April 2014
Chef Gino D'Acampo returns to the This Morning kitchen and is getting saucy with his delicious recipe for pollo alla cacciatore - chicken in white wine, rosemary, olive and tomato sauce.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 12 pieces (ask your butcher to do it)
- 100g plain white flour
- Olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 100ml white wine
- 2x400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 150g pitted Taggiasca black olives, drained and cut in half
- 5 tablespoons chopped flat leaves parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl with the flour and plenty of salt and pepper. Give it a good shake and transfer the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Heat 150ml of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken pieces until browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the carrots, celery, rosemary and onions into the frying pan, season with salt and pepper and cook on a medium heat for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the wine and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes allowing the alcohol to evaporate. With the wooden spoon, scrape all the good bits off the bottom of the frying pan.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes with a glass of water and the olives, bring to the boil. Transfer the sauce into an ovenproof dish and place the chicken pieces in it. Cover with foil or a lid and cook in the oven for 1 and half hour.
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the parsley. Serve in a large warm serving dish with plenty of crusty bread around it.
© UTV News