The demonstration on Saturday comes after the council only permitted three of the country singer's five gigs to go ahead at Croke Park.
It is still unclear whether any of the shows will take place in two week's time.
Ciaran Dempsey from Ballymun in Dublin, who camped out earlier this year to buy tickets for two of the concerts, said the city is "the laughing stock of Europe" over the cancellations.
"I think it's a big waste to the Garth Brooks fans and a big waste to the Dublin economy," he said.
"The amount of money is not to be ignored. Hotels are going to lose out, bars, shops, everything's going to be affected - we're the laughing stock of Europe if not the world after this."
During the week Garth Brooks rejected a compromise offer of two matinee shows and three night-time concerts saying it "cannot possibly compare" to the original five night run.
His publicist Nancy Seltzer said: "To treat 160,000 people differently than all the rest who will be seeing the show the way it was meant and created is wrong.
"He does not understand why it is once again put upon him to treat people less than they deserve to be treated and he still returns to why did they allow five shows to be sold and all these people to be disappointed. It is not his decision; it is, with the greatest of respect, the city council's."
Brooks had sold 400,000 tickets for the five summer shows.